Outsourcing Architectural CAD Drafting Services- Reviewing the Review
The now mature industry of outsourcing architectural CAD drafting services often pays a lot of attention to review, comments and mark-ups. This article takes a looks at the Review Process in the world of outsourcing architectural CAD drafting services
Why do we need Reviews?
What sounds like ‘asking the obvious’ really is a question by many, who say:
- Reviews should not be needed if the initial statement of task had been clear and complete
- Reviews should be an option not a default
- Reviews increase the time taken to outsource a drawing
Professionals experienced in outsourcing of architectural CAD drafting services have learnt through mistakes and understand the relevance of review. Here are a few reasons why indeed:
- This process is different from regular Business Process Outsourcing. More interaction is required throughout the process of architectural CAD drafting services
- Designing never stops. Neither is it a process limited to one person. Every individual to touches the design, directly or indirectly, is qualified to make a contribution
- Designers are always in the pursuit of excellence. A designer never leaves an opportunity to improve his work
- A process that germinates in a vision and culminates in a tangible building relies heavily on graphics, which is never enough to give a good enough idea of the final outcome
What’s in it for me?
The benefits of the review process in outsourcing architectural CAD drafting services are, to name a few:
- No, not this!: Elimination of surprises in the end
- Communication gaps: Covers up for differences in understanding the spoken or written word
- Quality: As discussed before, in the case of architectural CAD drafting services, quality can be understood as:
(a) Fitness of purpose
(b) Minimization of errors
In this context, the review process is actually taking care of errors or scope dilution on account of the client missing out on information
- Schedule: Reviews actually ensure that the project gets completed in time. The reviewing schedule ensures that the client is forced to look at points that he normally would get surprised by at the last minute.
Our ensuing articles take us through the mechanics of the Review process, thus illustrating how all these benefits really happen.