Paper to CAD conversion services offered by top firms providing architectural design and drafting services, plays a significant role in this era when CAD software has become a way of life for the building industry. No doubt that all the top architectural design and drafting companies work with CAD systems in the year 2021, however, the integration of the manually created drawings and documentation with the CAD system still remains a burning topic. If you have been in the profession for more than twenty years, you might still have so many paper drawings occupying a large storage space in your office. In addition, let us not forget the fact that while all the top architectural and engineering companies have embraced state-of-the-art CAD systems, several small contractors and other consultants still depend mainly depend on hand-drawn drawings and other documentation. The true significance of paper to CAD conversion can therefore never be undermined.
Why do you need to convert your paper documents into CAD drawings?
Manual handling and archiving were always the bane of the earlier design and drafting system, it was costly, cumbersome and inefficient to say the least. Following are some pressing reasons you must make paper to CAD conversion a top priority.
- Risk of damage: Despite best of your efforts, paper drawings, Mylar, ammonia prints etc. are still susceptible to damage and aging over time. You are always unsure as a result, which ones to hold and for how long.
- A costly affair: Manual drawings need revisions regularly which is a costly, time-consuming affair. It requires time and resources which you could have utilized for some productive purposes.
- Long drawn-out process: Copying and distributing paper is always a tedious, long drawn-out process requiring several personnel as well. You can actually reproduce and distribute a number of electronic documents faster than copying and circulating a single paper print.
- Inefficient transactions: Even though you are working with a full suite of CAD software, your contractors, sub-contractors and business partners may still be adopting the age-old, traditional methods. This might lead to inefficient transactions in form of manual archives even though the originals are CAD files.
- Pretty cumbersome: It’s never easy to find specific information in a drawing or document. On the other hand, searching in electronic documents is almost instant and always very accurate.
- Restricted format: There are so many limiting factors in a paper document, the format restricts you to graphic and text. The modern electronic documents give you an unlimited freedom to include hyperlinks, audios, videos, and so on.
- Expensive storage: You could be spending a fortune in arranging space for storing your paper drawings. Moreover, it’s never easy to retrieve the drawings and related documents after a certain period of time, and you would be spending a number of man-hours on the job.
- Risk of misplacing documents: Experience shows that nearly ten percent of the drawings or documents are never found when required. Using manual procedures for handling drawings are highly inefficient and unproductive.
Many architects still use paper drawings and manual procedures to some extent. Paper to CAD conversion process offered by architectural design and drafting companies is a great option to make their working faster, more efficient and mostly error-free to help them stay in the ever-intensifying global competition.