5 Useful Tips For Finalizing Your CAD Drafting Outsourcing Partner.
CAD outsourcing to renowned third-party vendors has become a common phenomenon for architectural companies around the world since it offers numerous benefits to industry professionals.
The internet revolution and fast communication systems have ensured that you can work closely with CAD outsourcing partners situated in just any geographical location and time zone, this association in fact improves your productivity and reliability to enhance your reputation.
The phenomenon of outsourcing met with some resistance in the earlier days with people expressing doubts about the credibility of an outsider which could ruin their reputation if something went wrong. They were apprehensive about the quality of work, data security, and lack of communication.
However, most of these confusions have been addressed and CAD outsourcing companies are proving to be an asset for the architect fraternity with their teams specializing in different architectural and engineering disciplines. Let us have a look at some of the advantages you enjoy while hiring CAD outsourcing services from a reputed vendor.
You get assured quality since these vendors are an assortment of experienced, skilled CAD professionals
These partners ensure faster turn-around times since they may be located in a different time zone than your own, and as a result, your work would be going on even when you close down for the day
You are spared the trouble of constantly hiring and firing as per project requirements. You can easily work with a reduced headcount since your partner would be providing the necessary human resource when required
You need smaller office space, and your operational costs would be drastically reduced
Outsourcing your drafting and documentation job would allow you to focus more on your core competencies, helping you improve your overall quality and results.
Finding the Right CAD Outsourcing Partner:
With scores of CAD drafting agencies mushrooming around the globe every day, you sometimes find it very difficult to determine the right fit for your job and purse. Following are some useful tips to choose the one who could be a long-time associate.
1. Ask for references: It’s mighty important to ensure that CAD outsourcing services agency you are going to hire has prior experience working in the domain you deal in. You should go ahead and ask them for referrals so you could get a fair idea about the kind of relations they had with the previous customers. Ask categorically about the quality of their work, how they communicated, and whether they honoured their commitments.
2. Past experience: Thoroughly check past projects handled by them. They must have a hang of the type of project you want them to do for you. For example, if they have dealt only with residential projects previously, it might be difficult for them to work proficiently on a commercial building project since logistics change drastically. Go through their work portfolio to assure yourself their quality is up to your standards.
3. Work culture: Try to investigate their work culture since it will have a bearing on their output for sure. It would definitely be easier if you could visit their office premises, but that might not be possible if they are working online from a distance. Ask them if they follow a strict hierarchy, if they would allocate a single person to communicate or if you would have to deal with many people increasing chances of confusion and misinterpretation.
4. Communication skills: The success of your project will depend a great deal on the communication skills of your CAD outsourcing partner. If they are not able to assess your needs or your design ideas, you will land in deep trouble sooner or later. Similarly, if they cannot communicate what clarifications they need or what are their timelines, you would find it very frustrating.
5. Technical competence: Your outsourcing partner should be well aware of the latest hardware equipment and software in order to dish out good quality without any compromise. This would spare you from going for expensive equipment and save you precious money. Troubleshooting also becomes more convenient if they have good technical proficiency and the output becomes better and turn-around times faster.
Working closely with an experienced CAD outsourcing partner allows you to concentrate more on your core areas and business development and also assures top quality and faster turn-around times. If you choose the vendor after doing proper due diligence, you stand to gain numerous benefits and enhance your reputation.
If you are a company in the AEC industry looking for a design support service company to partner with, The AEC Associates is the team. Our experience and extensive knowledge of the industry offer Architectural CAD/BIM Design Drafting Services infused services. Our customized services help our clients lower their total cost & increase revenue which allows us to take your business to the next level. Connect with us today to learn how we can help you!