The twenty-first century has seen a sharp rise in construction costs around the world, and technological advancements have meant that structures are becoming more complex each day; you can streamline the design and construction process using BIM 360 workflow in order to produce architectural masterpieces on a regular basis. In the architectural and manufacturing sectors, massive responsibility lies on the shoulders of the design teams to consistently dish out quality products. One naturally needs a tool that can help them achieve this objective.
Remote working and multi-team projects have become a way of life for AEC professionals, and cloud-based collaboration tools have come a long way in helping them enhance the quality of cooperation among different disciplines involved in a building project. BIM 360 uses a cloud platform to enable the project team to design, review and restate projects through all stages of a building project, including operations and maintenance. Construction project workflows are supported by the tool to empower all stakeholders involved by providing them with the right information throughout the lifecycle of the structure.
Various processes supported efficiently by BIM 360 workflow include constructability reviews, creation of a single data repository for sharing information among different stakeholders, and improving construction project collaboration workflows through handover and operations during different stages of the project. Different project stakeholders are connected and information from the design stage is made available through the construction and operations stages.
Platform offering a central location:
A central cloud-based location is afforded to design teams using BIM 360 allowing them to communicate, view, review and comment on 2D and 3D design files and published models from just any physical location. You can reach consensus sooner, take decisions together, and build team effort effectively no matter where you are situated- your home, a coffee shop, or the worksite, using this wonderful tool.
Ways you can improve stakeholder collaboration using BIM 360:
Cloud BIM tool will help you improve your workflow and collaboration among different disciplines in the following ways:
- A single online workspace can be accessed on a cloud platform by all team members. All teams can thus stay connected and well organized for better collaboration and desired output.
- Just like the design authors, all the team members are allowed by BIM 360 to view, comment, and mark up the design models.
- The design process can be made more creative and productive by holding live review sessions using the built-in browser sharing tool.
- Access to the latest information is given to every design discipline by facilitating tracking of the design process with version history and control, ensuring an organized and efficient process.
- The type of device is not a limitation- a web browser or a mobile device can be used with equal efficiency to access critical project information from just about anywhere with internet connectivity.
Using BIM 360 workflow for cloud-based collaboration among different disciplines will improve your productivity and facilitate closer cooperation among all project stakeholders. It extends beyond physical boundaries enabling you to stay connected with everyone involved with the construction project and taking the right decisions in consultation with relevant people without delays.
Experienced BIM providers like The AEC Associates employ BIM 360 workflow with expertise to help you with improved workflow and close collaboration among different project teams.