Top service providers through expert use of Scan to CAD process for accurate documentation, better interface with the client, and market visualization greatly help the construction industry professionals make the design processes more efficient, more creative, and less error-prone. Scan to CAD method is a revolutionary process that helps you save precious time, resources, and money, and allows you to have unprecedented freedom and flexibility during the design development stage of your building projects. It will be interesting to understand the process and its real significance for the AEC industry professionals, making it a vital part of the design process in this era.
We are well aware that an accurate site plan (or the existing building layout in case of a refurbishment, renovation, or extension project) is required to start the design process efficiently. Taking measurements and preparing drawings for the above purpose, especially in the case of large projects, may usually take weeks, or even months. Maintaining accuracy is always a challenge, you might need several revisions before the architectural team is satisfied with the quality of the drawings. To architects’ huge relief, scan to CAD services providers can now complete the entire process in a matter of a few hours, at the most a few days, to provide the desired drawings. In addition, their expertise ensures that the drawings are accurate and precise.
The essential steps of the Scan to CAD process:
- Using a high-quality laser scanner to capture data. One must make sure that the entire site is covered, and that multiple scans are taken for this purpose from multiple angles. There would of course be millions of points in the scan, necessitating the help of experienced Scan to CAD service professionals to get it right.
- Now you need to register point cloud data to stitch various scans together and produce a final point cloud of the entire site. It’s important to ensure the precision of the data to maintain the accuracy of the 3D CAD model.
- Importing registered point cloud data into a format that CAD software recognizes is the final step in the process. You create surfaces out of the many points within a point cloud, maintaining accuracy.
Having created a 3D CAD model, it’ll be interesting to see how this model created through scan to BIM process makes the design process more efficient and creative by giving you freedom and flexibility.
- The conceptual design process
3D CAD models created using laser scan conversion are very detailed and accurate. These details- the elements, the surrounding environment, site contours, resources available, existing structures, plant foliage cover, etc- give you a variety of alternatives to work on. You can experiment with building orientation, different approaches, and juxtapositions to come up with an optimum solution.
- The design development process
The powerful tools and features available make the task of converting your concepts into detailed designs easier and more creative. Scan to CAD service professionals provide 3D models that allow you to create sleeker and more efficient plans since these models are so precise and accurate. You can extract high-quality 2D and 3D views for detailed discussions with the clients, while rework is minimized. Early clash detection helps you solve the issues quickly to save time, effort, and money.
- The project evaluation process
You can easily and accurately evaluate all the stages of the project, including the efficiency and expected performances with the help of these intrinsic 3D models. You are also able to calculate the cost and material estimates to ensure that the project remains within the stipulated budgets and timeline and that the end product is up to client expectations.
Scan to CAD process allows you to have accurate, detailed 3D CAD models to complete your design processes with unprecedented freedom and flexibility. You are thus able to produce timeless buildings that are functionally efficient and aesthetically brilliant.