3 Things To Be Taken Care Of By Architectural Design Drafting While Designing Restrooms For Disabled
It is the moral and social obligation of The AEC Associates Architectural Design Drafting services to provide an enabling environment for the persons with disabilities by catering to their needs and requirements. One aspect that is often neglected by Architectural design drafting professionals is rest room design, but they must be accessible for disabled persons to ensure their safety and convenience. Let us discuss some of the main aspects of washroom design to be considered carefully by the designers.
- Architectural design drafting agency must ensure there are no door steps in restroom as they cause inconvenience and may be hazardous for the persons with disabilities. The floor gradient should be as low as possible for convenience and safety of disabled people
- Similarly, Thresholds must be avoided, and in case you must provide them, maximum threshold height should not be more than 20 mm.
- Architectural design drafting should provide non-slippery and easy to clean flooring material.
- The floor should necessarily be well drained so that there is no accumulation of water or any chances of slipping.
- Alarm bells for emergency situations
Disabled people may require sounding an alarm bell in case of a mishap; the designers must, therefore, provide alarm systems in restrooms.
- Rest rooms should necessarily be equipped with an effective alarm system so that it could be used by a differently-abled person in case of an emergency.
- The system should be mounted at a convenient place and height to be easily accessible for disabled persons.
- All hot water pipes must be insulated or covered to prevent any accidental burns.
- Exposed pipes should be avoided, they should be fitted in walls.
Architectural design drafting professionals must consciously make buildings accessible for persons with disabilities to provide them with a level playing field and make their lives easy and safe. The use of restrooms is avoidable, it’s essential to make them accessible and convenient for differently-abled persons to avoid any difficulties or mishaps.