Top service providers employ expert architectural CAD drafting to provide crucial details to create efficient, unique, and customer-friendly retail projects. In this era of the popularity of online shopping, drawing customers to retail stores is a challenge. Experienced architects combine brand characteristics with local sensibilities to create fine architectural CAD drafting details to achieve this seemingly difficult objective.
Designing retail outlets for brands, well-known, and start-ups, presents numerous challenges for the designers. A store in a retail chain should look unique and yet reflect some trademark characteristics at the same time. Nothing short of a miracle! Following are some challenges you may face working in retail outlets.
- Architectural CAD Drafting Services need to be aware of the local codes, challenges offered by local topography, and also the brand psychology
- Trends keep changing according to the season in the retail industry. Incorporating these changes is always a challenge
- Understanding and enforcing the requirements of the building committees and process of customer flow in the retail space is a challenge in itself
- Historic preservation guidelines must be adhered with
- Considering materials and contaminants, waste management, recycling, traffic control, and fire safety aspects are mandatory
- Producing retail projects that are energy-efficient and ensure reduced carbon footprints is something that is mandatory in many areas.
Architectural drafting services shoulder the responsibility of designing architectural elements with specifications and details. They must provide detailed documentation, construction reviews, and all required assistance and guidance to the contractor.
Need for a series of discussions:
A designer must hold a series of discussions with the clients on design concepts, and development of design till the final stage, including architectural details, functional details, and commercial aspects of the region/ store.
Architectural CAD drafting details may include material specifications indicating their expected durability, other construction details, and shop drawings for customized prefabricated components.
Some crucial details required for well-executed retail projects:
- Topographic survey of the site
This may include the following:
- Bench marks and horizontal control on site
- Assessing horizontal and vertical control for areas that won’t be disturbed by the construction
- Grades/ contours and points of highlight in elevations
- Hard paved surfaces, soft unpaved surfaces, and water body elevations
- Adjacent buildings, circulation paths, streets, and gutters
- Existing conversation areas
- As-built drawings for renovation
As-built drawings are important in case a renovation project is planned. These drawings give a precise idea of the structure and architectural/ structural/ mechanical/ electrical elements placed in the existing structure. An efficient plan can subsequently be prepared for the proposed retail space making the best use of all the existing fixtures.
- Conceptual site plans
- Providing the building orientation and access routes
- Indicating paths for utility infrastructure and stormwater management systems
- Floor plans
Architectural CAD drafting services provide updated floor plans for each proposed level with initial room numbers
- Roof plans
Provide roof plans reflecting slopes, drainage, materials and fixtures, and equipment mounted on the roof
- Updated exterior elevations
Provide updated exterior elevations of all building sides. This helps explain different elements, including the door and window openings, shades, and aesthetic value.
- Updated exterior renderings
Provide renderings of all significant public spaces to accurately portray scale, context, final finishes, and light fixtures. This would include exterior public plazas and primary entry lobbies, etc.
- Door and window schedule
Door and window schedule to be furnished in detail so there are no clashes with other architectural/ structural/ electrical/ mechanical elements and the interior/ exterior elevations are finalized
- Finished floor elevations
Provide transverse and lateral building sections that clearly indicate the finished floor elevation of each level, floor-to-floor heights, and vertical circulations and establish interior space relationships.
- Casework and millwork details
Provide accurate casework and millwork drawings to customize prefabricated elements. This ensures faster turn-around time besides minimizing material and time wastage.
Architectural CAD drafting is a potent tool that ensures that the end product is as close to the original design idea as possible. Architects employ this tool to provide numerous crucial details in order to create attractive, efficient and pathbreaking retail projects.