Providers of CAD BIM Modeling Services always try to stay ahead of the competition by employing powerful tools like 3D CAD modeling. The modern-day tool enables them to come up with superlative designs and accurate drawings and documentation. Let’s try and understand the way it actually works for Architectural drafting services. The CAD software during 3D CAD modeling and design services uses 3-dimensional files (massive lists of coordinate points) defining different shapes.
You may use 3D modeling to create coherent dimensions and shapes through a visual interface that allows you to be accurate and precise. Some key areas where BIM Modeling is used are-
- Architectural BIM Modeling
- Structural BIM Modeling
- MEP & HVAC BIM Modeling
- Façade BIM Modeling
3D modeling: Benefits galore for Architectural drafting services:
- 3D models have changed the way design industry professionals worked. It has taken the place of the erstwhile concept of 2D drafting.
- It allows you to develop more comprehensive models by adding more information.
- You can extract accurate and detailed construction drawings, images, and renderings from 3D modeling.
- 3D modeling makes working on multi-layer designs accurate and more convenient.
- It makes early clash detection and fixing of issues possible.
Types of 3D modeling available for construction industry professionals:
There are primarily three types of 3D modeling available for CAD BIM Modeling Services depending on their requirements:
- Wireframe modeling
- Surface modeling
- Solid modeling
Following is a brief discussion on these types of 3D modeling in a little detail.
- Wireframe 3D modeling:
Wireframe modeling is the simplest form of 3D modeling used by drafting services. Just an extension of 2D projections, this is ideal to begin the conceptualizing of the design. Although easiest to handle, it also has certain limitations. One often has to edit these models to remove extraneous lines and add center and hidden lines so that the drawing conforms to accepted norms.
It’s possible to extract traditional 2D views and drawings/ renderings from these models.
- Easy for concept design and iterations of sketch design
Can create a 3D view of the model from any perspective or angle
- Easy automation of orthographic and auxiliary views
- Not possible to present inside and outside surfaces
- Surface 3D modeling:
When you want to display 3-dimensional objects with solid surfaces, you choose surface modeling. You obtain these models by adding surfaces to a wireframe model. You need them when the exterior surfaces of a structure are considered more important. These will not give you an idea about the interior spaces.
3D surface modeling appears somewhere between a wireframe and a solid model as far as sophistication and complexity are concerned. You cannot slice open a surface model like a solid model giving rise to certain limitations. Even if an object has a proper appearance in the surface modeling, it can still be geometrically incorrect.
- Allows for highly detailed and realistic visualization for better creativity
- Gives an idea of how different surfaces are joined and flow together
- Not able to display the internal features of a structure, leading sometimes to a clash of various design elements.
- Cannot provide a complete representation of the structure is required
- Solid 3D modeling
If you want a more complete representation of a structure, you must go with 3D solid modeling. It includes more topographical information as well as geometrical information. You can thus represent the solid structure more unambiguously.
2D drawings and 3D views from all angles can easily be extracted by using solid modeling. It clearly confirms the feasibility of a structure, unlike a surface model. A solid model also helps you detect flaws and clashing elements at an early stage.
- Architectural drafting can use 3D solid modeling for a complete idea of both the interior and exterior surfaces of a structure.
- A good idea of the viability of the structure is provided
- Needs a lot of time and expertise to develop. Should be used for select projects only.
Architectural drawing services have a powerful tool in the form of 3D modeling for dishing out precise and accurate drawings and documentation. There are primarily three types of 3D modeling you can choose as per your requirement: wireframe, surface, and solid models in that order of sophistication and complexity.