Hospitals play an important role in the welfare of the society; designing a good hospital building has been a great challenge for The AEC Associates 3D CAD Design Services for several reasons. The entire concept of healthcare design has undergone a sea change in the recent times, making the job even more challenging for 3D CAD design services. Healthcare industry is treated more like the hospitality industry today with five-star facilities being provided for the patients and visitors, and technological advancements have made the hospital design more complex than ever. We continue to discuss some of the main attributes of a modern hospital building here.
- A stress-free environment
The patients are going through a tough time, they are stressed, confused and fearful while visiting or staying at a hospital. It’s important that 3D CAD design services ensure a stress-free environment to make their hospital stay as comfortable and relaxed as possible. A designer must first study the mission of the facility and the profile of its patients. Following points should be considered while designing spaces and finishes of a hospital :
- The spaces should be made comfortable for the patients by providing regionally and culturally familiar materials and finishes
- Cheerful colors and textures should be provided to keep the occupants happy and positive
- Natural light and ventilation play a major role in making a space healthy and cheerful; they should be amply provided unless the situation demands otherwise
- Easy accessibility and location identifiers must be provided to make it convenient for patients and visitors
- Sanitation is a necessity
Sanitation is a necessity, hospitals should be easy to clean. 3D CAD design services must provide durable and easy to clean finishes for all functional spaces; avoid dirt-catching joints and details; provide appropriately located housing keeping spaces at regular intervals; and plan special finishes and details for spaces that need to be kept sterile.
3D CAD design services should undertake a deep study and research program before designing a hospital building which is a very complex structure in the modern era. We shall continue to discuss the main attributes of a modern hospital building in our next post.